Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Adjectives

I am getting tired of my usual adjectives such as great and wonderful.  Awesome sounds dated, cool shows my age, as does crack and bad.  So what else is there to say?  First, let me explain why I have this situation.  I am so happy at my new job, people ask me how things are going and I say, "great" "wonderful."  The lack of variety in my vocabulary is grating on me.  So like a good geek, I looked up the words in the thesaurus and here are some possible new adjectives:   admirable, best, dynamite, exceptional,  fab, fantastic, fine, first-rate, good, hellacious, marvelous, masterly, number one, out of sight, out of this world, out-and-out, perfect, positive, super-duper, terrific, transcendent, tremendous, unmitigated, unqualified, wonderful,  amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, brilliant,  divine, enjoyable, excellent, fabulous, incredible, magnificent,  miraculous, outstanding, peachy, phenomenal, pleasant, pleasing, prime, remarkable, sensational, something else, staggering, startling, strange, stupendous, super, superb, surprising,  unheard-of, wondrous.
I do feel pretty amazing and think this might be the best job I have ever had.  I hope I am awe-inspiring while having a hellacious good time with everyone.  It seems like this excellent position came through divine intervention and it is a tremendous opportunity to work in such a pleasing environment.  The church itself is stupendous, its' beauty almost staggering, with phenomenal stained glass windows and the awe-inspiring Sacred Heart altar.  Our location is a prime real estate spot just a few minutes walk to the magnificent Atlantic ocean or the pleasant inter coastal. I can also walk to some superb restaurants with super service for lunch or grab a cup of coffee in the fine market next door. 
Think I'll stop now, as I am really annoying myself. I think I like miraculous, divine and wondrous. Let's see how those work out for the next few days.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Naahhh...Keep it simple. Whenever anyone ask how the new job is just tell 'em, "It's dyn-o-mite!" :)