Friday, July 6, 2012

7 Quick Takes

So, I am all jumbled in my head this week with many thoughts, worries, prayers, and plans.  So instead of my brain meanderings, inspired by song link ups, here and some new music I downloaded, I present you 7 of my favorite songs.
1.  Just You and I , Eddie Rabbit and Crystal Gayle.  Our wedding song for our first dance; and last dance while waiters with sparklers moved around us in a circle.  Oh yes, mortifying, totally.  It was the 80's, what can I say?

2.  The Wedding Song, Peter, Paul and Mary.  This was sung at our Nuptial Mass.  Don't judge, again, it was the 80's.


3. Sometimes by Step, Rich Mullins.  Just listen, he is awesome.

4.  Holiness, Sonicflood.  A prayer for sure, set to music.

5.  I just added this to my iPod.  So powerful.  I am thinking of using this as our theme song for the Year of Faith.

6.  For Diane.

7.  America, Neil Diamond.  From the Jazz Singer, one of my favorite movies.  Appropriate for the week of July 4th.

Happy Friday!  Have a great weekend!  Read more quick takes at Conversion Diary.

No comments: