1. For the last two weeks I have had this vague feeling of wanting to be doing something else, be somewhere else. Why? Because this time last year I was in Australia. One year ago today I was on the Harbor Bridge in Sydney. More than once, as I walked across it and then rode across it on the train that same day.
|View from the bridge|
3. My husband is a bit of a perfectionist in some areas. Sometimes when he reads my blog he cringes at my mistakes. I make typos, leave out little words, punctuation; it's not the most polished, especially for a former English teacher. So I have decided to be more careful and pay better attention to all of that in my posts, so you have an easier time reading.
4. I need to defend myself in regard to #3. I never learned how to touch type or type properly. Because of my mother. Honest. In high school we could choose electives as juniors and seniors. I wanted to take a semester of typing. My mother said that was ridiculousness since I was not going to become a secretary. (totally not PC, but there you have it) Why would I need to type? Well, for one thing, I did have papers to type, yes type, as in on a typewriter - my mother's manual from when she went to college, which she was able to use with ease because she took typing in high school! It's so ironic when I think about how much time I spend on a keyboard still looking at the keys as I type. At one point I tried to learn to type properly, but my bad skills were totally ingrained and I could not unlearn them.
5. I am going on retreat this weekend, starting today. But I'm not leaving my house. I will be using this great book, Consoling the Heart of Jesus by Michael E. Gaitley, MIC. Here is a review if you are interested in hearing more about the book. I have been looking forward to this and planning it since I read the book. My husband will be at seminary so it's the perfect time. Which was the plan, of course.
6. I set a goal to read 100 books this year over on Goodreads. Not sure what possessed me to do that, but we'll see what happens. I also agreed, in a head cold induced fog on New Year's Eve to run a 5K with a friend of mine. And I haven't even thought about my own goals for this year, except the two above, which upon reflection seem a bit insane. Of course, all will be made clear to me as I go through my retreat.
7. I can't write another take, I have to go back and review the six above for editing. Here' a picture from Australia of me and my fav flowers.
|Royal Gardens in Sydney|