Friday, August 22, 2014

7 Quick Takes about Italy, cars and hospitals


1.  The weekend after school was out for the summer my husband and I spent three glorious weeks in Italy.  I have not yet finished re-capping the trip and showing you pictures, but I will soon, I promise.  I do want to show you one though that means so much to both John and I.
This is the San Damiano Crucifix at St. Clare in Assisi.  It it he actual crucifix that St. Francis prayed in front of and was told "Repair my Church."  We stood and prayed under it one day and then went back another day to sit and meditate there.  It was one of the most blessed experiences.  I prayed in a special way for St. Francis to intercede in my husband's life in this last year of preparation before he is ordained (God willing) a deacon.  Why St. Francis, well, he was deacon!

2.  When we returned home there was a little health challenge that we are still recovering from. I'm not recovering so much as helping John recover.  The whole story is here if you are interested.  Hospitals are not fun places no matter how good the staff.  Waiting rooms are not comfortable and I frequently felt like I was just about to get a headache.  School has started but sadly, not for my math teacher.  Hopefully he'll go back soon.

3.  Back to school week is very entertaining on Facebook with all those sweet pictures of excited children and backpacks.  I did have a few twinges of nostalgia as I recalled when our two were in school.  However, I do not miss the endless forms to fill out and school supply buying trips.  

4.  This week we will have a first ever Ministry Fair at work.  Here's the flyer, made on Canva
Hope it goes well.  Send up a prayer please.  

5.  September is a very busy month.  I realized I need something to wear Ordination, Confirmation and Acolyte installation.  The Ordination and Confirmation are on the same weekend, same Bishop.  Will he notice if I wear the same dress?  I think not.  It would be great if I had a dress to wear.  I have some great fabric and I know what I want pattern I want to use, but not sure I will have time.  I may have to go shopping. Oh yea, and there's that alb which needs finishing, soooon, very soon or I'm going to be in big trouble!  And my husband will be alb-less in addition to having to wear shorts and his big old walking boot to the installation Mass.

6.  In May we had a car accident.  It took over a month to get my car repaired.  It was returned to me with a spoiler and no trunk light.  Fine.  Then, one week after John is home from the hospital, the car battery dies.  The following week I get my front brakes replaced.  Oh, the sound of silence coming from the car is beautiful.  That night after picking up the car, my tire light goes on!  UGH!  It times like these that I wish I lived in a place where there was public transportation!  

7.  Next week I am going back to the gym.  I miss exercise (wow, I said it and I mean it) like peanut butter misses jelly; like coffee misses cream; like a hot dog misses a bun; like sausage misses peppers.  There's only one thing from that little list I enjoy, just saying!

Thank you Jen for hosting.  


No comments: