Monday, November 3, 2014

Gratitude

I am working through a 34 week Ignatian retreat.  The last two weeks have been about sin.  I had much to ponder and pray.  In some ways I felt weighed down by the focus on sin.  I don't think that was a bad thing, it just was what happened.  As I spent my day yesterday doing all sorts of things I didn't really want to do and having to listen to people who were less than pleasant, went to bed praying about how to make it better.
Since it is November, a few people on social media have been posting about gratitude and I went to sleep thinking I would do the same.  Then, this morning, I listened to the retreat presentation,  and this struck me, " this week is about gratitude and expressing it."  That was what I needed and so here is what I am grateful for since the month began:
Nov.1:  sleeping late, coffee and a book in bed, discovering new beer/ale:  a Pumpkin Ale and Angry Orchard Apple Ale, Fall weather!
Nov 2:  lunch with friends, warm afghan, Fall weather!  bridge re-opened, making my commute more direct.
What are you grateful for today?  





No comments: