1. Working in a parish this time of year is nutty. We have all these events for Advent and Christmas and in the meantime, the mail is full of materials for Lent and Easter.
2. A song by Casting Crowns, reminding us of our need for salvation.
3. If you are looking for a devotional based on the daily Gospel, look no further than this:
Available for your Kindle from Amazon now!
(full disclosure, my reflections are in there)4. I don't plan on putting up a Christmas tree this year. If someone puts it up, it'll be a small one for the table, but my plan is my nativities all around, some poinsettias and that's it. I feel confident we will recall the Incarnation without a tree.
5. Very little shopping going on either. Yes, there will be presents, just not tons and no stockings. I'm just into into stuff this year.
6. I'm not Scrooge or the Grinch; I'm just tired of all the commercialism and need to do stuff. I want to be - with my family, my friends, the Holy Family. I want to celebrate Jesus.
More Quick Takes over at This Ain't the Lyceum.