Friday, December 19, 2014

7 Quick Takes about stuff, really important stuff

1.  Okay, I can't help myself, so I'll say it and be done, it's my birthday!  I am officially in my fifth decade of life. Maybe just a foot in, but in.  A friend called to remind last night that it was my last night of being fifty.  Wasn't that kind of her?  I mean I knew it but wasn't really thinking about it until she said something.

2.  Due to poor planning and then a toe emergency, I have no Christmas decorations down from the attic.  This means my house looks very bare and un-Christmas like.  I was going to decorate today but I can't figure out how to get into the attic and get the boxes down on my own.  I can go up the ladder and hand down the boxes or someone else can to do that and I can take the boxes from them, but I can't get down the ladder with the boxes.

3.  It's ironic though, about the boxes.  My son was up in the attic about ten days ago and asked me if I wanted my decorations down and I declined.  I didn't want them sitting in the garage for so long in the way of our cleaning out the garage. Now he'll have to get them tonight when he comes over.

4.  The toe emergency was Wednesday.  It started on Tuesday night, when I looked at my husband's toe at his request.  I'll leave out the conversation and description, trust me on this.  Wednesday morning we just went and sat outside his doctor's office until they opened.  It was a very busy day for them, but they put us in a room and eventually took care of the toe.  Not the toe from the summer, but the second toe.  It was bad, very infected, possible gangrene so it's good we went right away and had it taken care of.  We'll know more on Monday as to the prognosis.  We are back to dressing changes, two times a day this time.  Fun times this holiday season.

5.  Okay, how about something fun. Birthday dinner tonight with my family cooked by my son chef.  Or should I say chef son?  It will be fabulous.  I'm going to use my favorite table linens and dishes.  I have a little bit of of Aperol for cocktails to remind me of Italy and we'll all relax.

6.  I went to see Fiddler on the Roof.  It was a birthday gift from my husband but sadly he couldn't go.  I went with a friend and we enjoyed it very much.  My favorite song, well one of my favorites, is Sunrise, Sunset.  It was the song I choose for my father-daughter dance at my wedding.
7.  Our annual Christmas gala for work was last week.  Here's a picture of us all ready for the party

See you over at This ain't the Lyceum for more Quick takes!

No comments: